Engineering beautiful, intuitive, and responsive, hardworking websites. We like the concept of simplicity where sites look and perform effortlessly. Our focus in the web development process is creating websites that are both easy to manage, highly effective, and stunning.
A successful website will combine great design, creativity and an intuitive user experience. It will clearly communicate your brand message while creating a connection between you and your audience. We incorporate sound design principles that focus on ease of navigation, website usability guidelines, and smart, clean content layout. Our web development and web design teams provide our clients a variety of concepts and directions and work hand in hand with them to produce an appropriate solution that exceeds industry standards. Every project is approached with enthusiasm and passion generating creative solutions that are innovative, engaging and relevant.
We love details. We believe they make the difference.
Developing a website can be a challenge, but the rewards are well worth it. Creating a website that works well and looks well is a long-term commitment that will shape customers’ opinions of your company. A greatly designed website enhances the consumer’s sense of your brand’s professionalism and competence and can be one of your most powerful marketing tools.
Of course, it’s important to do it right. If you don’t have experience in web development and web design and marketing, you probably don’t know the important specifics that come with planning and creating a truly effective website. If not done right, it can become a complicated process.
- Plan a site map
- Use branded content
- Create product and service centered content
- Make use of clear calls to actions
- Make smart use of space, sizing and headlines
- Create your mobile strategy at the same time as your desktop strategy
- Use open source platforms
- Perform regular maintenance
Websites Updates and Maintenance
Let Sharkey Advertising maintain your website so you can focus on running your business.
One of the main keys to having a good website is freshness! When the information and content of your website is updated and changed on a regular basis, it gives the visitors a reason to come back time after time. Change builds traffic! We want to make your website the best it can be and this is one of the reasons behind Maintenance.
Website Maintenance is a crucial foundation in any marketing strategy.
Website maintenance is about more than just your “news and events” page. Let’s face it – when you run a business, you have news. You have new products, staff changes, announcements, policy changes, new services, and more. You have things to talk about! Google ignores your website if it isn’t updated. Viewers get a bad impression if there is old data on your website. This is about making sure your website is visible when your potential customers are searching.
Update your website to make a good first impression.
Having a bunch of outdated posts, wrong dates, staff members who don’t work at the company anymore makes a company seem unprofessional. They may seem like little things, but a copyright 2007 in your footer makes a bad first impression. Having a static blog with the latest post on your blog page several years old also makes a bad first impression. Your customers want to do business with a company that is professional in everything they do.
What kinds of things should I update?
• Blog – If you don’t have a blog, you need one. Blogging has a huge impact on your customer acquisition. Blogs can actually increase your referrals, boost customer lifetime value and help you build links. Blogs also build your credibility while also increasing your search presence.
• News: Much like a blog, your news section will be a running list of important announcements. Fill news with items such as recent awards, innovations, new hires, new promotions and new products or services.
• Staff Page: People like to see faces and put a name, face and voice together. Have a page with pictures and short bios of the people your customers will be interacting with.
• Home Page: Your home page should be updated to reflect changes within the site. Put the latest blog post or news item teaser on the home page. Change out your header images after a while to keep it fresh. Place Calls to Action (CTAs) on your home page that lead the user deeper into your site.
• About Page: This is your calling card and the section that users will go to get a quick snapshot of your company. This section usually has dates so make sure all dates are updated, especially if your site contains a Timeline.
• Create & Embed Videos – This one is simple and can make a big impact. Sharkey Advertising can help create videos that can be hosted on YouTube and embedded on your site. You can entertain and inform customers and potential clients as well as picking up traffic directly from YouTube.
• FAQs: A FAQ page addresses frequently asked questions about your business. Besides improving SEO and site navigation, this section acts as the first point of contact for customers looking for answers before they reach out to you directly with their questions.
• Products & Services: Companies are constantly adding, removing, or enhancing products or services—put it on your website!
• Boost Email Signups – We believe email marketing is hands-down the most solid way to stay in contact with your customers. You can put email sign-up forms in your sidebar, on your About page, or even use a pop-up to grab a lot of addresses. Sharkey Advertising can create forms that automatically populate into your email marketing service.
• Update The Portfolio – Chances are, your work, your service, your product is better than it used to be. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward in your portfolio. Professionally shot images are worth the additional expense.
• Testimonials & Case Studies: Positive testimonials are important for any type of business. If you make a customer happy, get them to tell you about it. Then put it on your website!
These are just a sample of things that should be updated regularly. Having a website maintenance partner lets you focus on what you love, and do best – while leveraging the strength and expertise of our web professionals to keep your website in great shape.
Why Sharkey Advertising uses WordPress
WordPress is the world’s leading Content Management System (CMS). This universal platform is built with users in mind so it’s extremely intuitive and easy to use for updating content. It is highly customizable, search engine friendly, safe and secure and meets the highest security standards.
Web Development – Web Design – Websites Maintenance